Insight Advantage is 5 years old

October 2017

Last month marked the fifth anniversary of Insight Advantage. The time has flown by and along the way I've been fortunate to work with businesses and brands of all shapes and sizes.


Roll back to the summer of 2012 and, after almost 10 years within DMGT/Associated Media, I was looking forward to the freedom and uncertainty that redundancy brings. With no concrete plans, a few ex-colleagues contacted me looking for support on some interesting qualitative projects. During the fieldwork of those early projects it became apparent that this could be more than just a stop-gap. Consequently, it was time for me to seriously consider investing in a survey platform and other tools that only research geeks get excited about!


Over the past five years I've built up a business that incorporates quantitative and qualitative expertise, a suite of research tools and a network of suppliers that can deal with 95% of challenges that clients launch in my direction. The remaining 5% allows me the opportunity to assess new tools, source specialised research skills and ultimately develop personally as a researcher. Back in 2012, I would not have dreamt that I would have the opportunity to with a client base as broad as this...

As Insight Advantage enters its sixth year, I have a clear idea of what clients value; independence, flexibility and expertise. It's all about developing close working relationships and allowing brands access to right level of research expertise in order to deliver the insights that will underpin their decision making.


I'm planning to continue the journey as long as clients see value in my expertise and approach to their business challenges. Looking ahead, there are plenty of exciting developments including investing in a suite of new research 'toys' to offer clients opportunities to move away from traditional and habitual approaches to research.


A huge thank you to all those who have been part of the past 5 years; clients, suppliers, advisors, friends and family.


Thanks all, speak soon

Andrew